Use this soil pH tester to make better assessments of your garden including:
- where to plant your flowers, shrubs or trees and how to group them
- whether your soil is too acidic or alkaline and if a treatment with limestone or sulphur (sulfur) is necessary.
This is a metal pronged instrument that is inserted into the soil.
- pH range from 3 to 10 with 0.2 divisions
- self-contained complete instrument.
- No batteries required for the soil pH tester
pH Assessments of Your Soil
Most garden soils have a pH between 5.5 and 8.0.
If the pH level is below 6, the soil is too acidic. In such cases, a treatment of ground limestone may be warranted.
If the pH measurement is above 7.5, the soil is too alkaline for most vegetables. In this instance, you need to add soil sulfur.
How much limestone or sulfur to add? Check out this link.